Friday, March 8, 2013

Deelite on TVB!

Last Wednesday TVB did a TV shoot at  our store. 
They are launching a brand new cupcake show and they chose to feature our store.
I had the chance to share about all the oodles and oodles of cake decorating products in our store.
After our store tv shoot I had to prep for my shoot at the TVB studio 4 days later (last Sunday) where me and some other cake decorators were asked to feature some engagement cupcake designs.
 I had the joy of meeting other local cake artists and pastry chefs and it was really great having some time to talk to cake enthusiasts in the same industry. As we are all very busy it is really very rare that we get to meet each other and hang out. 
The theme of the show was Engagement cupcake. I designed a Giant Cupcake Surprise.
There was a live audience on set so I showed them how to make dreamy 3D butterflies, edible Diamond ring and more.
I won't show you the Giant Cupcake Surprise yet but here's a pic of me getting my makeup done before filming.
I never thought in a million years I"d get my makeup done at a TV studio. I got such a kick out of it I had to take a photo and show y'all:) Are you eyeing the make-up artists fab brushes too... they are so perfect for pedal dust:)
Before I go into how my TV shoot went I would like to say firstly, I had no idea how much work goes into a TV show. The production assistants were working around the clock making sure everything went smoothly.
We spent almost an entire day at the studio and when it came to my part I was ready to roll. Here I am ready to decorate and share the sweet news!
You wanna see my Giant Cupcake Surprise check out the show March 9th,Saturday 
TVB Jade-8pm
Have a great weekend!!