Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Latest Press Events and Photoshoots

I had a fabulous time this past week doing a photo shoot with Hong Kong Tatler Magazine. They will be publishing a special wedding issue coming out in August. I was so happy to be apart of the special issue:)


Here I am demonstrating how to make Gum paste flowers for a Garden Wedding Cupcake Tower.


Tiffany & Co Wedding Event at Landmark




We made Tiffany inspired cupcake towers for Tiffany's Wedding Event




Doesn't this dessert table just wanna get married?


Or if you're already married don't yo just wanna get married again:)




So happy the Bride luved our cupcake towers.



Max & Co 2011 Summer Collection Lollipop cookies.



We made an assortment of 150 of these adorable dress cookies for Max & Co's Grand Opening in IFC Mall. Each dress replicated their Summer Collection.



For Christian Louboutin's exclusive trunk show, we make 200 of these fabulous Louboutin inspired cupcakes.





Sassy Loubi Legs:)



Last but not least, I had an opportunity to do a photo shoot and interview with CNN.Go. I talked about the early days of Complete Deelite in 2004 and Wedding cake trends, classics and what inspires us to do what we do.




Here's the article.


Enjoy!!!!:)
Jacinta Yu opened her party-wares shop in Lan Kwai Fong seven years ago. She was one of the first to sell party supplies in Hong Kong, importing from the United Kingdom and United States.
"When I was young, I loved hosting parties," says Yu. "I did everything myself and had to visit several different stores to get what I needed for a party. So I decided to open my own store that sells everything related to throwing parties."

"Towering layers of sugary beauty.
Her shop, Complete Deelite, is like a mini-mart for party hosts with an emphasis on baking. Here you can order cakes tailored to your needs, take lessons in baking all sorts of cakes as well as buy spcialty
baking supplies.
"Baking cakes is like learning to write the alphabet, every student writes the same letters but with their own distinct handwriting," says Yu. "Baking is an art."
Yu feels that weddings today are too commercialized. "The couple should create their own unique wedding. There is no such thing as a 'perfect' wedding, only near-perfect."
Yu tries her best to satisfy customers. She offers 10 wedding cake flavors and endless cake topping ideas. "I have to be continuously inspiring. If someone copied my ideas, then I will come up with something completely new tomorrow."
Yu's favorite cake is the one she made for her own wedding in 2010. It was 2.5 meters tall and covered in 3,000 sugar paste flowers. " CNN.GO.Com




And Last but certainly not least...Thank You: CNN.GO, Max & CO,Tiffany & Co, Christian Louboutin & Hong Kong Tatler for making what we do such a DEELITE:)