Monday, April 6, 2009

Peak Tram 120th anniversary Part II

Some of you who have been following our blog know that we did a cake for the Peak Trams 120th anniversary. It was really an honor to be apart of such a monumental celebration in Hong Kong. I was so very very excited when they picked us to do the cake for their press conference.

This is a blast from the past but I just found a gem in my file of videos. I can't believe I forgot I had it. The reason why I didn't upload it all this time is because I"ve recently just learned how to upload videos on youtube. I know I'm sooooooooooooooooo behind, but at least I know how now, and I can finally share this great video with you.

This video was shot at the press conference. Its so funny listening to myself commenting on the video. If I sound exhausted, is because i was totally wiped out. That day was rainy and very humid which meant very terrible conditions for a cake let alone a 5 tier topsy turvey cake to be delivered. You can also see how tall the cake stood by the background ppl standing on the back.

With a lot of prayer, the cake stood up beautiful and tall through out the entire press conference. This was by far one of my most memorable moments of my cake decorating career.
This cake was also featured in a local newspaper the following day.
Enjoy:)